These are terrific stencils to use for mixed media arts, paper crafts, fabric painting and fiber arts, school art projects, and DIY home decorating projects including painting floors, walls, furniture, fabrics for pillow cases and curtains, table linens and placemats, whimsical signs, and more.
Durable Mylar is washable and reusable. We use clear or slightly frosted stencil material to allow for more even alignment. All measurements include an approximate .50" to .75" margin for handling and taping to your chosen substrate. Most of the stencils on this site are available in multiple sizes. If you dont see the size you need, please enquire.
We can also work with you on Custom Stencils if you have an idea for a design you don't see on our site. Just get in touch!
Pro Stenciling Tips:
- Use painter’s tape to secure or mask off areas of the design.
- For acrylics or other wet mediums, remove excess from the brush or applicator when loading.
- Apply mediums in multiple layers and allow each to dry thoroughly before adding the next layer. This prevents bleeding through and blending.
- For dimensional mediums (i.e. pastes, frostings for cakes & cookies), apply with offset spatula or palette knife.
- Remove stencil by lifting straight up.
- Add Fabric Medium such as Goldens GAC to acrylic paints when stenciling on fabrics that you may wish to wash in the future. Fabric medium helps retain the softness and flexibility as well as the color and design when machine washing.
Stencil Care & Precautions:
- Wash with warm dish soap and water immediately after use.
- Dab with wet and soapy sponge and rub gently, be careful to avoid rubbing pointed sections so as not to bend them.
- Wash well before using with food.
- Do not use with bleach or ammonia-based cleaners, as it may damage the stencil.
- Do not soak stencils for more than 30 minutes.
- Pat dry gently with a paper towel.
- Store flat.
- Do not expose to excessive heat or flame.
- Parental supervision is recommended.